A convection microwave can both cook and heat foods, which is what most people think of when they hear the word “microwave”. Convection cooking is a great way to prepare your food if you have the right convection cookware, and you can use your microwave for this purpose. When using a convection microwave, the heat will circulate around the food evenly, which will help you cook more evenly than with a standard microwave. This will lower the risk of undercooked foods.
How to Use a Convection Microwave Oven
Before cooking with your convection microwave, you will need to determine the wattage of your oven. This number can range anywhere from 800 watts up to 1600 watts. The cooking time and temperature for recipes may vary depending on the wattage.
- Most manuals include a guide that outlines what functions to use with what food items. If there is no manual, keep all metal and aluminum foil out of the oven when in use.
- Use a ceramic or glass dish whenever possible. This will prevent your food from becoming overcooked on one side and burning or undercooking on the other side.
- If you are using aluminum, pierce the food several times to allow heat to disperse during cooking. Foil can be used if the foods are wrapped tightly and the holes poked in them.
- If you’re cooking foods that normally burn quickly, such as cookies or muffins, use the 40% power option to prevent burning. This will also keep your convection microwave from becoming too hot and damaging your machine or melting containers.
- Many convection microwave owners recommend cooking each food type separately, especially meats and vegetables. The flavors often mix together when cooking them in one dish.When using a convection feature, follow guidelines for temperature and time. This will depend on the wattage of your oven and how much food is being cooked at once.
- Be aware that foods with a lot of liquid may cause the water to overflow, which can damage your microwave.
- Be sure to unplug your machine when you are finished using it. Overheated food causes some of the worst odors and stains.
What is Convection Microwave Oven?
Convection microwaves are also known as combination microwave ovens, taking their name from the fact that they offer the best functions of both a microwave and an electric convection oven.
A convection microwave has a built-in fan to circulate the hot air generated by the heating process. With this, convection microwaves cook food faster and more evenly than other types of microwaves. They cook and bake using half as much energy as other ovens and microwaves, and 90% less energy than gas or electric ovens. Most convection microwaves have glass oven doors so you can watch your food while baking or cooking. The best convection microwaves also offer a rotating carousel for optimal roasting and cooking results.
How Does a Convection Microwave Oven Works?
A convection microwave oven uses a combination of techniques to heat your food. It combines both a fan and a heating element to distribute heat more evenly, which means you can use a wider array of cooking techniques.
A convection microwave works just like a conventional microwave only it has the added option of using a fan to move hot air around inside the oven. This creates even heating which is perfect for baking.
A convection microwave oven works by heating food using microwaves. These waves disturb the polar bonds of the water molecules in a piece of food, causing them to vibrate and produce heat. Convection microwaves turn on after you press a button labeled “microwave” or “convection” and then choose a time from 1 minute to 30 minutes. In some models, a convection microwave will start out as a typical microwave but will switch over to the convection mode halfway through the cooking cycle.
Related: What are the Convection microwave oven uses
What Are The Benefits of Convection Microwave?
Convection microwaves are ideal for those who want more than a standard microwave. This type of microwave oven uses convection, like some conventional ovens, to circulate warm air inside the unit. With this method of cooking, food cooks evenly and more quickly than it would in a standard microwave oven.
1. A convection microwave saves time and energy when compared to an ordinary oven. Microwaves are known for cooking food quickly, but this method of convection cooking circulates air inside the unit so items do not go uncooked in their centers.
2. Using a convection microwave also allows you to cook many different dishes without having to use multiple appliances in your kitchen. Convection microwaves use a rotating tray and a blower to circulate the air. This, in turn, cooks items from all sides. The end result is that you can prepare dishes such as souffles, casseroles, and french fries, previously difficult or impossible with a standard microwave.
3. Convection microwaves are also more energy-efficient than conventional ovens. Microwaves use electromagnetic waves to cook food quickly, while ovens use more direct heating elements that need higher power settings to function properly. Many convection microwaves also come with a removable turntable that allows you to prepare large dinners without having to turn the dish part way through cooking.
4. Convection microwaves are faster than conventional ovens. Conventional ovens cook food at 350 degrees F, while convection microwaves cook at lower temperatures and much faster. For instance, many convection microwave recipes call for cooking items such as potatoes or roasts at 250 degrees for a period of time ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Food cooks more evenly in this type of oven than it would in a conventional oven, and since the cooking is faster, you save energy.
5. Convection microwaves simplify meal preparation. This type of oven cooks food evenly throughout the dish without you having to turn items halfway through cooking as you normally do with a conventional oven. With convection microwaves, you simply place your food on the rotating tray and set the dial for cooking times. This allows you to multitask and prepare other items as your meal cooks.
6. Convection microwaves give you the option of browning food without turning on a stovetop. Many convection microwave recipes include instructions for broiling or “browning” certain types of dishes, such as meatloaf or casseroles. Thanks to the rotating tray and blower, you can cook dishes with crispy golden exteriors.
7. Convection microwaves also save money. Compared to conventional ovens, convection microwaves use much less energy for cooking food. The heat produced by conventional ovens is more likely to escape into your kitchen, wasting energy and raising your utility bills. Some convection microwaves also include a removable rack that allows you to cook larger dishes without using the whole oven, saving even more energy.
8. Convection microwaves can reduce cooking time by 50 percent or more while producing healthy meals in less time than traditional methods of cooking, such as conventional ovens or stoves. You can speed up cooking times even more by following recipes designed for convection microwaves. These include different suggestions, depending on the type of food you are preparing.
As you can see, convection microwaves are an efficient cooking choice for today’s busy lifestyles. They not only save time and energy but also produce healthy dishes to serve your family without requiring much work on your part.
Convection microwaves are simply ovens that use a blower in addition to the rotating tray to circulate air throughout the oven. This results in more even cooking all the way through your food, and it reduces cooking times by up to 50 percent while also providing you with crispy exterior cooking.
Can You Bake In a Convection Microwave?
Best Bakeware For Convection Oven
Hi, Welcome to our Blog. We are a team of Professional Blogger and expert in Cookware, Kitchen Appliances. We Work for the latest Reviews for Cookware, Kitchen Appliances. You can give us your kind Suggestions for improvements of Blogs, Thank You