The different ways to cook using the electric frying pan enable it to be a versatile cooking appliance. Baking in an electric skillet is as easy as cooking or frying in such a pan. You can bake some foods such as cakes, biscuits, and potatoes in electric fry pans. The electric skillet is very popular these days. It’s designed to replace stovetop fry pans, woks, and other forms of frying machines.
An electric frying pan can be used as a conventional or convection oven. You can bake inside the frying pan without the need for any extra utensils. An electric skillet also has temperature controls, which allow you to keep an eye on your cooking.
Can you bake in an electric skillet? Like other electric skillets, you can use an electric frying pan to bake cakes, biscuits, and potatoes. When baking in an electric skillet, however, there are a few adjustments you need to make.
An electric skillet is a modern cooking appliance. Electric skillets also distribute cooking energy evenly over the pan’s surface to prevent sticking. Their design allows for proper circulation of heat and hot air to bake foods properly.
The Aluminum Foil Method for Baking Cakes In An Electric Skillet
You can use aluminium foil when baking cakes in electric skillets. Aluminum foils are very flexible and easy to work on, making it possible to bake your cake without the need for extra utensils. The following are the steps to take when baking your cakes using aluminium foil.
The following steps should be taken:
1. Place a thin layer of aluminium foil on the electric skillet’s surface to avoid sticking. The thin aluminium foil absorbs heat and distributes it evenly over the cooking utensil. If you don’t have a baking pan, just place your food directly on top of the electric frying pan’s surface.
2. Preheat the electric frying pan for about five minutes. This will give you enough time to set up your cooking utensils or ingredients for baking.
3. Once the electric frying pan is preheated, place your food inside and cover it with an oven-proof lid.
4. Bake until the foods are completely cooked through. Test if it’s already cooked by sticking a toothpick to the food at the center. The toothpick should come out clean if your food is already cooked.
5. Uncover, remove your cooking utensil or food from the electric frying pan, and let it cool for about fifteen minutes before serving. Remove the aluminium foils and let them cool for about fifteen minutes before serving.
The Baking Pan Method for Baking in an Electric Skillet
One of the best ways to bake in an electric frying pan is by using a baking pan. You can use any type of cooking utensil for this method, but there are specific utensils that can be used on an electric skillet without causing damage. A baking pan with a long handle is an ideal utensil for this method.
1. Place a thin layer of butter or margarine on top of the electric frying pan’s surface. This will prevent your cake from sticking while baking. Butter-flavoured cooking sprays are recommended for this method because they also contain butter or margarine. You can also use cooking oil spray as a substitute.
2. Preheat the electric frying pan for five minutes. This will give you enough time to set up your aluminium foils and cake ingredients on top of the frying pan’s surface.
3. Once the electric frying pan is preheated, place your prepared aluminium foil on top of it
4. Place your cake batter inside the baking pan and bake until the cakes are cooked. Test if it is already cooked by sticking a toothpick to its center. The toothpick should come out clean when your cake is finished baking inside the electric frying pan.
5. Uncover, remove your cooking utensil or food from the electric frying pan, and let it cool for about fifteen minutes before serving.
Baking Cookies Using an Electric Skillet
You can also use aluminum foils when baking cookies in an electric skillet. You can choose to bake your cookies plain or add chocolate chips, nuts, and other ingredients to make them more flavorful. Here are the steps when baking cookies using aluminium foil.
1. Before placing your cookie dough on the electric frying pan’s surface, first place a thin layer of butter or margarine on top. This will prevent your cookies from sticking to the surface while baking. Butter-flavoured cooking sprays are preferred because they also contain butter or margarine as ingredients. You can also use cooking oil spray as a substitute.
2. Preheat the electric frying pan for about five to ten minutes. This will give you enough time to set up your aluminium foils and cookie dough on top of the frying pan’s surface.
3. Once the electric frying pan is preheated, place your prepared aluminium foil on top. Make sure that the aluminium foil is flattened and has a thin layer of butter or margarine spread on top.
4. Place your cookie dough on top of the aluminium foil and bake until it is cooked through. Test if it is already done by sticking a toothpick to its center. The toothpick should come out clean when your cookies are already done.
5. Remove the aluminium foil and let it cool for about ten minutes before serving.
Advantages of Baking in an Electric Skillet
There are several reasons, or benefits, for cooking with an electric skillet. Cooking with an electric skillet is the best option for a person who is always in a hurry. It saves time because you can bake your cake or cookies quickly and easily.
1. It has a non-stick surface which helps you bake cakes and cookies without having to use an oven or stove.
2. You can easily remove your cake once it is baked inside the electric frying pan itself because the non-stick surface allows easy removal.
3. It saves you time because it doesn’t require preheating to have a good baking result.
4. You can prepare your batter and dough before you start preheating the electric frying pan.
5. It is an energy-efficient way of cooking because it uses electricity as a source of heat.
6. It is perfect for people who are always in a hurry such as students or busy working professionals because they need to
7. The electric skillet’s non-stick surface makes it easy to clean and maintain.
8. It saves you money because you don’t need to purchase a stove or oven, while the electric frying pan is very cheap and affordable. You can use it for years without worrying about its durability since many satisfied customers and clients continue to use it.
Read More: Can you cook scrambled eggs on a griddle
Tips for Baking in Electric Skillet
Baking cakes in an electric skillet is possible if you know how to go about it. You have to take care of a few things before going ahead with the baking so that the preparation and the cooking go on smoothly. With a little practice, you can bake a cake in a skillet as well as you would bake any other cake.
1. Make sure to use the right amount of batter for your electric frying pan’s size. If you don’t, it will overflow when placed inside the electric frying pan or during baking.
2. Test if the electric skillet is already hot enough by sprinkling a few drops of water on its surface. The water should sizzle or evaporate immediately. If the water doesn’t sizzle, then it is not hot enough yet, so you need to wait for a few minutes for it to preheat.
3. Put aluminum foil on top of the electric frying pan’s surface if you want to bake cookies or cakes with no high edges. The high edge causes overflow when in contact with the high heat during baking. The aluminum foil helps avoid overflow when in contact with the high heat of the electric frying pan.
4. Use medium heat for about 20 minutes before reducing it to low heat if you’re planning to bake your cake for 30 minutes, for instance. If you’re planning to bake your cake for an hour, use medium heat for an hour.
5. Use oven mitts when handling the electric frying pan because it can become very hot especially if you are baking your cake for longer durations.
6. Resist the temptation to open the lid of your electric frying pan during baking because this will cause uneven cook and cracks on your cake.
7. Make sure to use the right size of cake tin or mold for your electric skillet’s surface so that you get the desired baking results. The more it fits into the electric frying pan, the better result you get during baking.
8. Spray oil on the surface of your butter cake mold before placing it on top of the electric frying pan because the oil helps when removing it afterward.
9. You don’t need to pour melted butter or oil inside your cake mold before baking like you usually do in a traditional oven. It is not necessary and it adds too many calories and fats to your cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I maintain my electric frying pan?
You can simply use dishwashing soap or dishwasher to clean your electric frying pan just like what you usually do when cleaning other utensils. Make sure to dry it before storing it away so that rusting doesn’t occur.
Read More: How To Use An Electric Frying Pan
Q: Is it possible to bake a cake in an electric frying pan?
Yes, you can bake a cake in an electric frying pan. In fact, there are many people who baked cakes in electric frying pans and shared the results online. To get the best results when baking a cake with your electric skillet, make sure to follow the tips we have suggested.
Read More: Can You Make Pancakes In a Cast Iron Skillet
Q: Can we bake bread in an electric frying pan?
Yes, it’s possible to bake bread in an electric frying pan. Just add a few more minutes to the preheating time so that it will be already hot enough to bake.
Q: Is baking powder needed when baking in an electric frying pan?
Yes, you need to use baking powder especially if your cake doesn’t have high edges because this helps avoid overflow during baking.
Q: Can you bake chicken in an electric frying pan?
You can bake chicken in an electric frying pan. You just need to adjust the heat that you will use when baking it according to the size of your chicken parts. It’s better to read the instructions on how to use your electric frying pan for cooking before preparing your meal because this helps avoid overcooking and undercooking.
An electric skillet is a great addition to your kitchen utensils especially if you’re fond of baking. The electric frying pan guarantees good results during baking, it requires less time and effort to clean afterward which means that you can prepare a cake or a chicken in a very short period of time.
Just make sure to follow the tips we have suggested and the quality of your electric frying pan to get the best results when baking.
The electric frying pan has a heating system that is not like any other. This makes it unique and different from any other kitchen appliance. The heating system in the electric frying pan is maintained by coils fitted to the base of the pan.
I am Sana Zaheer, the author of best cookwares home. I am a professional writer and blogger, who has been blogging for 6 years. I am writing about cooking and baking and I also share some of my personal experiences with the readers. For Product Reviews, I write about the latest products that I have tested and reviewed. I also talk about the pros and cons of the product.