Are you thinking about using a ceramic frying pan? To find out, keep reading my article on how to use a ceramic frying pan.
They are so healthy since they are made of natural ingredients which pass through strict quality assurance tests. Ceramic pans can be used in the oven and you do not have to worry because they won’t leave any toxic residues after baking.
Ceramic cookware is known for its durability and long-lasting nature, providing a consistent and even heating surface to cook on. Heat is evenly distributed across the pan’s ceramic coating, helping to reduce hot spots and burn food off of the bottom.
Ceramic pans and cooking utensils look deceptively simple and understated, but they can make a huge difference in your food. A lot of kitchen chefs believe that improving the quality of the materials they use to cook with is one of the best ways to produce top-notch dishes at home. A key component to this is ceramic coats and utensils which help you create wonderful dishes every time. Here’s a blog post I wrote on how to use ceramic pans.
How to Use a Ceramic Frying Pan – Key Points
Here is the complete guide on how to use and care for your ceramic pan properly. These are the best ways due to which your pans can last longer with you:
1. The very first thing you should do is to remove your ceramic frying pan from the box in which it came and inspect its surface for any cracks or imperfections that may be around the perimeter or base of the pan. If you find even a small crack, stop using it immediately, because the bacteria will get inside through this crack and make the food inedible. If you find a problem, do not use the pan and return it to wherever you bought it.
2. Wash your ceramic frying pan with warm soapy water using a sponge. Rinse and dry your plates thoroughly before putting them away in storage. Do not put dirty pans into storage – wash them first!
3. Ceramic pans should never be used when they are still wet. Make sure you dry off your pan with a dish towel or paper towel before putting it away in storage.
4. After washing and drying, add a thin layer of oil to the bottom and sides of the ceramic frying pan to prevent it from getting stained by food particles that will stick to it.
5. Ceramic frying pans should never be soaked in water, so do not leave them to soak in the sink for a long period of time. If you leave your pan too long without drying it and there is some liquid on its surface when you return, wipe this liquid with a clean cloth, making sure that the surface of the pan is completely dry before putting it away in storage.
6. When cooking on ceramic pans, always use the medium to low heat because high or excessive heat may damage the non-stick coating which is present on their surface. This will also prevent you from having to use too much oil when frying foods after they have been washed and dried.
7. If you find the food sticking to your ceramic pan, it means that there is not enough oil on its surface and you should use more next time you cook something. If the food sticks badly and it is really difficult to remove from where it’s stuck, try using a little soap and water and rinse the pan before drying it off and storing it.
8. When pre-heating a ceramic frying pan, do not leave it unattended because if you place cold food onto a ceramic frying pan that is already hot, the outside of the food will burn before the inside of the food is cooked.
9. Always use wooden or plastic utensils to cook with your ceramic pans because metal utensils can scratch the non-stick coating of your pan, which will eventually allow bacteria to get inside it.
10. Never try to remove burned food particles from a ceramic frying pan with steel wool pads because these burn the surface of the pan and ruin its non-stick coating.
11. If you are not going to use your ceramic frying pan for a period of more than two weeks, dry it thoroughly and add a thin layer of vegetable oil to its surface before putting it away in storage.
12. Always wash the ceramic pans by hand with warm soapy water and never put them in the dishwasher because this can damage their non-stick coating.
13. When storing your pans, make sure that they are not stacked one on top of another or this can cause the coating to come off.
How to Clean a Ceramic Frying Pan
1. Never use steel wool, wire brushes, and harsh cleaning products to clean your greasy or oily pans because you will damage the surface of the pan.
2. Instead of using these abrasive materials, it is better to choose some eco-friendly options like oven cleaner, salt, lemon juice, baking soda, coarse salt, and oil, to help remove the grease.
3. Just scrub the pan with all these ingredients using a dish sponge or cloth until it is completely clean. You can also be boiling some water in your pan for about 15 minutes so you don’t have to scrub every little bit by hand. After this process, be sure to rinse out your pan thoroughly with some warm water.
4. Never use scouring pads, steel wool, abrasive cleaners on the pan’s surface, or use your pan in the oven without first coating it with an oiled cooking spray.
5. Also do not put the ceramic frying pan on top of the heat source. Once you are done cooking, let it cool before washing it with warm soapy water.
6. Never use any metal utensil or knife when using the pan, only use wooden ones to avoid scratching their surface.
7. When you are finished cooking with your ceramic frying pan, be sure to wipe it dry and store it in a cool place.
The Pros of Ceramic Frying Pans
Here are some advantages of ceramic frying pans
Top cooking surface:
Ceramic pans have a very smooth cooking surface that is non-stick which makes it easy to cook any food without having to use any oil or other fats. This helps you save money as you won’t have to spend so much on oils and fats. It also remains free from stains as the surface of the pan is non-porous.
Ceramic pans are highly resistant to stains and scratches. There is no need for you to worry about the pan getting scratched or stained over time as they will remain scratch-free and will not rust or corrode over time. They also don’t stain from acidic foods such as tomato sauce which is a big advantage since most people prefer using acidic foods with their food rather than using oils with it.
These pans are easy to clean as they are dishwasher-friendly. You can wash them by hand or by using a dishwasher even if your dishwasher is not heated up.
These pans usually last for years because of their high durability and strength hence making them last longer than most other cooking materials. They also don’t crack easily hence making them highly durable. However, this depends on how high quality the ceramic surface of the pan is and how well it has been treated in the manufacturing process.
Value for money:
Ceramic cookware products are now available at affordable rates offering great value for money when compared with other cookware materials like steel which are expensive. This makes them more accessible to many customers who could afford them unlike other products that require sizable investments before they can be used or bought by customers like Teflon coated products which cost hundreds of dollars necessitating customers to go through loans in order to afford
Ceramics is an allergen-free material and can be used in places where it is safe for people with allergies.
Ceramics will not absorb oil or fat, which means you can use it with any type of food and get the food out without the need for washing the pan. It also means that you can cook without using too much oil or fat at every meal.
This makes them ideal for cooking on high heat, such as searing meat or roasting vegetables. You can expect your pan to retain its heat well after letting it cool down for a while.
No Teflon effect:
The fact that they are non-stick means that they are safe to use with non-stick cookware too, without needing to use extra oils or fats in order to prevent foods from sticking to the pan after cooking even if you are using Teflon cookware too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes ceramic cookware so special?
A ceramic frying pan is a smooth surface that is usually nonstick. It is a coating of a ceramic material in a coating of a metal oxide with a base metal or alloy. It functions by utilizing the conductivity of metals and catalysts.
Is ceramic frying pan non-stick?
Yes, the ceramic frying pan is non-stick because it has a nonstick coating which allows food to slide off easily when you are cleaning it. It does not rust and is safe to use in the oven at temperatures up to 260 degrees C or 500 Fahrenheit.
How do I clean my ceramic frying pan?
It is important to clean your ceramic pans after every use, especially if you are cooking something sticky like eggs or fruit. When cleaning plates, all you need to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth, rinse them under the tap and dry them off with paper towels – you do not need to use any chemicals or detergent.
How can I avoid my food sticking when using ceramic frying pans?
Always heat your pans before adding oil because this prevents your food from sticking even if you are cooking at low temperatures. Always add oil to your pan after heating it for about 3 minutes or when the pan begins to smoke because this prevents food from sticking to the surface of the frying pan when you are cooking.
How can I avoid scratching my ceramic pans?
It is important not to use any metal utensils in your ceramic pan because this can cause it to get scratched. Always use wooden or plastic utensils if you want to cook with your ceramic pans.
How do I clean burnt food from my ceramic frying pan?
If the bottom of the pan has some burnt food in it, try boiling some water in it and let the burnt food particles come off on their own. You can also try scraping up the burnt food with a wooden spoon and then washing your pan in hot soapy water to remove any traces of residue.
How do I store my ceramic frying pans?
Make sure that you dry your ceramic pans properly before storing them because leaving them wet for a long time can damage their non-stick coating. Make sure that you do not stack your ceramic pans on top of each other when storing them because this can also damage their coating.
Why are my ceramic frying pans getting pitted?
It is possible for your ceramic pans to get pitted if you use metal utensils in them because this can scratch their coating and make it an easy place for bacteria to grow. For the same reason, never put your ceramic frying pans in the dishwasher or use harsh cleaners on them.
What does a ceramic frying pan do?
Ceramic frying pans are used to cook foods without sticking and also provide a quick and even heat source to the food. Pans in this material are typically heavy and do not conduct heat very well, so extra care should be taken when using them. Ceramic frying pans also happen to be one of the more expensive types of frying pans available in today’s market.
What is ceramic coating?
The ceramic coating is a nonstick coating made from zirconium and aluminum compounds. The quality of the ceramic coating can vary between manufacturers and is an important factor in determining how well the pan will perform. Good quality ceramic coatings are scratch-resistant, do not peel or flake, and are dishwasher safe.
What types of food do I cook in a ceramic frying pan?
Because of the material, you want to avoid scratching or pitting your pan. Therefore, it’s best used for sticky foods such as eggs and applesauce. It can also be used for meats and vegetables that normally tend to stick to the bottom of a regular frying pan.
What is the best way to clean a ceramic frying pan?
To reduce sticking, it’s best to let your pan heat up before adding any cooking oil. After heating the frying pan as described, add about 1 teaspoon of oil and rub around the inside with a paper towel. The food should come clean without having to use too much elbow grease.
Always make sure to inspect the ceramic pan you buy before using it and if there is a problem, do not use it. Make sure that you dry your frying pans after washing them and never leave wet ones in storage because this will cause bacteria to build upon their surface. Never use metal utensils when cooking with your ceramic frying pan and never heat it on high because this may damage its non-stick coating.
Hi, Welcome to our Blog. We are a team of Professional Blogger and expert in Cookware, Kitchen Appliances. We Work for the latest Reviews for Cookware, Kitchen Appliances. You can give us your kind Suggestions for improvements of Blogs, Thank You