If you are buying cookware for the first time, or if you see your cookware has started peeling over the years, then it is essential to know how to season Wearever ceramic cookware.
Wearever makes some of the best cookware sets on the market. That means you can get quality cooking at a low price. However, when you first get your new wearever ceramic pan, you might want to season it before using it for the first time.
Seasoning your ceramic cookware is a great way to make sure that it’s clean and fresh. Pre-seasoning your cookware is not only important for protecting your investment, but it’s also important to know how to use it effectively. When done properly, using a seasoned pan will not only help you use your cookware more quickly and efficiently, but will also improve the flavor of your food as well.
How to Season Wearever Ceramic Cookware – Easy Steps
A lot of people wonder how to season wearever ceramic cookware. Seasoning your new pan is easy, and will prevent sticking of food in the future. Here are some simple steps on how to get started!
1. Wash your brand new pan in warm water with mild dish soap or a pot scrubber. Some brands of soap may leave a film, so make sure that your pan is thoroughly cleaned. You can also use baking soda instead of soap for an antibacterial cleanse of the pot.
2. Dry the pan with paper towels. This will ensure that no water gets into your food when you’re cooking it in the pan.
3. Using oil or butter, brush the inside of your pan to coat it evenly. Make sure to use a paper towel to wipe off excess oil.
4. Heat your oven at its lowest setting, then place the pan in the oven for an hour or two while it’s heating up. This will allow your cookware to get hot but won’t burn anything inside of it.
5. After an hour or two, remove your pan from the oven and let it cool completely before using it for cooking.
6. Use a paper towel to wipe away any access oil that may be on your pan. Your pan is now ready to use.
How to Take Care of wearever Ceramic Pans
After you have seasoned your brand new wearever ceramic pans, you want to make sure that you take care of them properly so they last a long time. Here are some tips on how to keep your cookware in great condition.
1. Make sure that your pan is completely dry before putting it away. Even a few drops of water can cause rusting and corrosion to your cookware.
2. Don’t use any harsh scouring pads or sponges when cleaning your pot. Wearever ceramic pans are tough, but they can only handle so much heat! Sponges with rough scrubbers could potentially damage the nonstick coating of your pan. Stick with soft cloths and sponges when you’re cleaning.
3. Never use metal utensils with your cookware. Metal utensils can scratch the surface of your pots or pans, which will cause damage to your nonstick coating.
4. Store your wearever ceramic pans in a dry place. Leaving them out in an open cabinet will expose them to humidity, which can cause your pot or pan’s finish to corrode or rust.
5. Make sure that you properly dry your cookware before storing it after use. Leaving water droplets on the surface of your pots will damage them over time. Using a towel for drying your pans is recommended so that they don’t get scratched or dents while being stored.
Read More: How Long Does Ceramic Cookware Last?
How to Clean a Dirty Ceramic Pan
Cleaning your dirty ceramic pan doesn’t have to be difficult! Here are some simple steps on how to clean dirty wearever ceramic pans and pots.
1. Fill the pan halfway with water and add in 2 tablespoons of dish soap. Stir the mixture together until it’s completely mixed, then let the pan soak for ten minutes or so.
2. Scrub the pan with a soft cloth or sponge to remove any stuck-on food particles. Any soap residue should easily wash off after this step.
3. After you’ve cleaned your pot, make sure that it’s completely dry before storing it! Leaving water droplets on your ceramic cookware could lead to rust or corrosion in the long term.
4. Never use metal utensils or harsh sponges to clean your pots or pans, as this can scratch up the nonstick ceramic coating. Ceramic cookware is tough but only made for gentle cleaning methods.
5. Store your cookware in a dry place, not on an open shelf. Leaving your pots and pans on an open shelf will let air get to them, which can cause damage to the pot or pan’s finish.
6. Don’t use your ceramic cookware in the microwave. Although they are designed for cooking over high heat, some people like to use their nonstick pans in the microwave. Wearever ceramic pans are not microwave-safe, so it’s recommended to stick with cookware made for this use.
Read More: How to Clean Ceramic Coated Cookware
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you season wearever ceramic cookware?
A typical season should last about a month. After this time, you’ll notice that the oil used begins to build up and won’t come out of your pan as easily. To remove excess oil, soak the pan in hot water for 15-20 minutes before using it again. This will help quite a bit and prolongs the amount of time that you can use your pot or pan before having to re-season it.
How to clean seasoned pans?
If you’ve ever wondered how to clean seasoned pots or pans, the answer is simple! Just fill your pan with water and a little bit of soap, then bring it to a boil on the stove. Boil the water for about ten minutes or so, then let your pot or pan cool before rinsing off the soap under warm water. After this, you should be good as new without any extra scrubbing.
How to make a ceramic pan nonstick again?
A ceramic pan will become nonstick through regular use, but it will eventually need to be re-seasoned depending on how often you cook with it. If your pot is becoming sticky or has lost its luster, try seasoning the pan back to its original state for better food release next time.
Is Wearever ceramic cookware dishwasher safe?
Wearever Ceramic cookware is only safe to be washed by hand. Putting them in the dishwasher could damage the pot or pan’s finish and cause rusting or chipping to occur.
Wearever ceramic cookware is a great investment for any kitchen. While it may be tempting to use your new pan without seasoning it first, we recommend that you don’t do this. Using a seasoned pan will make cooking easier and more enjoyable, and will also improve the flavor of your food.
Seasoning wearever ceramic cookware is super easy, and we hope you enjoy your new set. With a little care and maintenance, you can use your cookware for years to come.